[wplug] Linux on the Desktop

redtoade redtoade at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 27 11:53:14 EDT 2003

That's just too much work.  I have no interest in
setting up another system just to filter out spam.
For the typical PC user, he/she is not going to set up
a mail server just to subscribe to mailing lists...

(There would be a certain level of irony though in
setting up a "spam catcher" in order to post mail to
the Spam-Assasin list... but I digress).

All my mail eventually comes to one place.  I use a
few perl scripts that I found on freshmeat to collect
web mail and deliver it to my home address.  I'm sure
there's the typical anal-geek who wants to
micro-manage his/her spam list... but I'm not them.
For personal spam control (as opposed to a mail server
at a corporation) this solution works best for me.

For yahoo accounts:
http://freshmeat.net/projects/fetchyahoo/

Hotmail? (I like the idea that I use their webmail to
weed out spam, but don't have to bother with the
advertisements!)
http://freshmeat.net/projects/gotmail/

Peace.