[wplug] Linux on the Desktop

Jason Sopko jason at sopko.net
Sun Apr 27 09:13:54 EDT 2003

begin  Bob Schmertz wrote:
> Are you counting work, home, or what?  I'm sure lots of people fall into
> my category, being forced to use Windows at work, but using Linux at
> home.

I was speaking in general terms. I use Linux both at home as well as at
work for my desktop operating system, and I wanted to see how many
others did as well. As I had said, judging by the mail headers, the
majority of the people posting to this list are using some type of
Microsoft or Macintosh operating system and MUA, or using some type of
ncurses based MUA such as mutt or pine which tells me that they're
sending mail from a remote shell, and it doesn't reveal their desktop
operating sytem.

///Jason