[wplug] Win98/Linux data sharing

Elwin Green bekitemba2002 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 24 17:17:44 EDT 2003

My primary computer is a dual-boot machine, and most
of my data rests on a DOS partition, which is
shareable over my home network.

I would like r/w access to this partition under Linux,
and don't know how to accomplish that. When I boot to
Linux, the partition's owner and group are both listed
as "root." Therefore when I try to write to this
partition (under my everyday user id), I can't,
because I lack permissions. And of course, I don't
want to do everyday work as "root".

I tried, as root, to change the permissions with
chmod, to no effect.

What should I do?

Elwin G.