[wplug] Group name change

James O'Kane jo2y at midnightlinux.com
Thu Apr 24 16:23:45 EDT 2003

On Thu, 24 Apr 2003 bgtrio at yahoo.com wrote:

> It just makes me cringe every time I read a story in the press about
> something I know about-
>
> If they're getting this many details wrong here, how many are they getting
> wrong in the stories I *don't* know about?

I thought about this as I read the full article. I thought about who that
magazine's target audience is, in this case, business executives. From
there point of view, the details are close enough, however the bit at the
end about everything living on the server is pressing the limits a bit.

Reread the article in the mindset of a business owner worried about their
bottom line, and it's not _that_ bad. It's enough to get their attention,
and make them wonder what else is out there.

And one WPUG out of all of them isn't that bad, I guess. I'll email her
about that.

And as stated in the article, we will be discussing our findings at the
next meeting. Check under your keyboards, mice, desks, etc. If you find
anything interesting, bring it to the meeting.

-james