[wplug] Which Red Hat version is best?

Mike Griffin mike at dmrnetworks.com
Wed Apr 23 14:08:22 EDT 2003

You can upgrade the packages manually.  Download newer packages, i
recommend source packages which can be identified by .src.rpm.
To install an rpm:
   rpm -Uvh packagename.rpm

For a .src.rpm:
   rpmbuild --rebuild packagename.rpm
   cd /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386
   rpm -Uvh packagename.rpm

I suggest you check out   freshrpms.net  and download apt.
this will make your life easier. after the package is installed,  issue
the command
apt-get install vim

Mike