[wplug] Blind Linux

Ben Beige gunnar at zbzoom.net
Wed Apr 23 01:23:02 EDT 2003

Hello Folks,
	I'm looking to set up a system for my younger sister (almost 13) who
happens to be blind. I want to use Linux, since it will be much easier for
her than windows in the long run.  I've hear of the BLinux project and
tried to look into it, it seems to rely on emacspeaks (emacs w/ voice
synth) but I'm not entirely sure on where to begin, for the most part she's
want to IM (bonim is a console based AIM client I believe) email, and do
home work(well likely use emacs if emacspeaks is her voice program), and
surf the web (lynx/links). I just don't really know where to start w/
setting this all up, what distro is the most user friendly for this and was
wondering if anyone had input/experience w/ this.

Thanks,

Ben