[wplug] Interesting question du jour

Lance Tost ltost at pobox.com
Mon Apr 21 16:10:06 EDT 2003

This should do it... again, invalid for MACs ending in FF.

#!/usr/bin/perl

open (IN, "/tmp/infile") or die "Cannot open file: $!\n";
open (OUT, ">/tmp/outfile") or die "Cannot open file: $!\n";

while (<IN>) {
        ($host, $mac) = split;
        (undef,undef,undef,undef,undef,$x) = split(':',$mac);
        printf OUT ("%s\t%s\n", $host, $mac);
        $y = sprintf ("%02X\n", (hex $x) + 1);
        printf OUT ("\t%s\n", $mac);
}