[wplug] Interesting question du jour

Vanco, Donald VANCOD at PIOS.com
Mon Apr 21 14:52:53 EDT 2003

Hi all -
	Here's my interesting proposition of the day.
	I have a column delimited set of hostname -vs- MAC addresses.  Each
of the servers has 2 interfaces - the MAC address listed is for the first
interface.  I need o make an entry for the second interface, which, as luck
would have it, is the SAME as the primary interface save the last pair,
which increments by one.
	So, what I'm looking for is a script that will take something like:
ppcas01	00:09:6B:49:06:F4
ppcas02	00:09:6B:63:09:F6
rcas0024	00:09:6B:49:08:2E
rcas0025	00:09:6B:49:09:12
rcas0026	00:09:6B:A3:03:ED
rcas0027	00:09:6B:63:0B:69

	...and turns it into:
ppcas01	00:09:6B:49:06:F4
		00:09:6B:49:06:F5

ppcas02	00:09:6B:63:09:F6
		00:09:6B:63:09:F7

rcas0024	00:09:6B:49:08:2E
		00:09:6B:49:08:2F

rcas0025	00:09:6B:49:09:12
		00:09:6B:49:09:13

rcas0026	00:09:6B:A3:03:ED
		00:09:6B:A3:03:EE

rcas0027	00:09:6B:63:0B:69
		00:09:6B:63:0B:6A

	...any ideas?  The naming convention for column "A" varies, but is
usually something along the lines of "fooXXXX", and the ID portion of the
MAC in column "B" does not change (it's IBM - 00:09:6B)

Thanx
Don