[wplug] bootdiskless upgrade

James O'Kane jo2y at midnightlinux.com
Sun Apr 20 21:38:07 EDT 2003

On Sun, 20 Apr 2003, Vanco, Donald wrote:
> 	Have you tried burning them at 4X or slower?

Yes, it's a 4x burner, so I burned them at 2x or 4x. They read fine, just
they won't boot with the drive in question. It's possible the system in
question doesn't support bootable cdroms.

> <snippage>
> 	Actually, if you use the pxelinux/islolinux stuff (instead of merely
> the floppy image) you'll have every available driver there is in RHL.

That's too easy :)
Does the pxelinux part require a tftp server and an ethernet card with a
bootprom? I don't think this ethernet card supports that.

-james