[wplug] OT Question

Matthew Danish mdanish at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Apr 17 19:01:47 EDT 2003

On Thu, Apr 17, 2003 at 05:12:11PM -0400, Bill wrote:
> The Dash service uses the license-free radio spectrum allocated by the
> Federal Communications Commission to promote communications and data
> networking services. Our system uses frequency-hopping spread spectrum
> technologies (originally developed for military communications) to
> provide a safe, reliable, interference-resistant connection to the
> Internet.
>
> So if I understand this correctly, this ISP is using ham radio to
> provide connectivity?

Where do you get that conclusion from?  If they are, they are operating
illegally and will be shut down by the FCC.  I do not know what the
"license-free" portion of the radio spectrum is, but if you feel like
following up on this, I would be interested to hear about it.

--
; Matthew Danish <mdanish at andrew.cmu.edu>
; Signed or encrypted mail welcome.