[wplug] Off-Topic Announcement

Gentgeen Squire gentgeen at linuxmail.org
Wed Apr 16 12:05:57 EDT 2003

I got this e-mail today at work, and thought I would help out some friends (the two Mike's mentioned in the e-mail below) by passing along the word.  I know this is 'off-topic', but it is for a worth cause.  Pass it along.

Hello,

Myself and Mike R, have organized a community service project to raise awareness of the hunger and homelessness problem in the Pittsburgh area.  The event is being held this Saturday (April 19th) at 5:30 in the Public Health Building which is located on Pitt Campus.  The building is on the corner of 5th and Bouquet street, across from the towers.  There will be bands playing, a speaker on the subject and informational tables with representatives from some of the local shelters and pantries.  These include the Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank, Hunger Services Network, Northside Common Ministries, Bethlehem Haven, and The Salvation Army.  If anyone is interested in coming admission is free, but we do ask that you donate a food item, hygiene product, or new socks.

Thank You

Mike Q.

So for you college students, this is great way to get rid of that food that you don't want to lug back home at the end of the year, or get rid of that NASTY sweater that your grandma gave you for x-mas {-:

 Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem
 your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone then in bad
 company.        - George Washington, Rules of Civility