[wplug] Linux Programming Book

Eric C. Cooper ecc at cmu.edu
Wed Apr 16 11:05:45 EDT 2003

On Wed, Apr 16, 2003 at 10:33:09AM -0400, Weber, Larry A wrote:
> The examples generate numerous errors.  Most are related to header files in
> the /usr/include/linux directory.  Things like missing struct members,
> parsing errors, and undefined constants (like KERN_INFO).

This compiles OK on my Debian system.  Maybe your distro doesn't have
consistent kernel headers in /usr/include?  For example, KERN_INFO
should be in linux/kernel.h.

If you have a kernel source tree, say in /usr/src/linux,
try compiling with
    make INCLUDEDIR=/usr/src/linux/include

--
Eric C. Cooper          e c c @ c m u . e d u