[wplug] Samba Question

R.E.Coutch vze57qmg at verizon.net
Tue Apr 15 20:55:50 EDT 2003

The username and password you use to access the samba share must also be
added as a Linux account.
If it's not already an account on your system (such as: nobody), you
will need to add the account with adduser.

I have a public share on my samba server that everyone can access.
Is that what you're trying to do or do you want each user to authenticate ?

To get a public share add the following to your GLOBAL section on smb.conf

guest account = nobody
map to guest = Bad User

nobody is an account in my /etc/passwd that has no login shell.

Does this help?

Bob