[wplug] Help with planning of YOUTH Technology Summit

Mark Rauterkus Mark at Rauterkus.com
Tue Apr 15 11:55:10 EDT 2003

Hi Don and others,

>  It's a little unclear if this meeting is planning for the event or
> the event itself,

The invite for planning meetings.

> but at any rate, if the intent is to talk aboot ways to
> turn kids onto (Linux) technology, I'd highly recommend burning a bunch of
> copies of Knoppix to hand out to the kiddies, and for those that know they
> have nVidia based graphics, the super-neato Gentoo Unreal 2003 bootable CD.

We're not to the stages, yet, of giving out CDs. We do need planning on how
to establish events (big and smaller ones) where giving out CDs is a prime
concern, for sure.

> I'd be happy to provide copies if I know how many are required & if someone
> can volunteer to label them (I have no such facility).  But there's no way
> I'd make it by the 16th.  I'm not local, so it would require some time for
> mail transit.
>  If this _is_ the planning of the Summit and someone is going, please
> pass on my offer to provide these hand-outs.

Will do, but I hope the mentions come from others, long-term WPLUGers, as
well.

Thanks for the kind offer.

Ta.

Mark Rauterkus
mark at Rauterkus.com  http://Rauterkus.com
http://CLOH.Org   http://Sunnyhill.org    http://www.Deliberate.com

Pittsburgh Interfaith Impact Network's first 'Public Action' was Feb 20,
2003 at Wesley Center A.M.E.-Zion Church. Thanks for lending your power to
this effort and its Youth & Recreation Task Force. http://dorm.cloh.org