[wplug] How much performance increase with more memory?

John Strange john at strangeness.org
Tue Apr 15 10:09:15 EDT 2003

Hehe the dreaded how can I upgrade my laptop question.

I really really really would advise against anyone using a laptop as a
main system unless you really really have to have it.  The simple reason
being they are MUCH more expensive than a normal desktop computer.

But you could probably use at least a 128M upgrade, 256 for linux should
be MORE than enough, you'll probably notice the difference.  Since
laptop hard drives are slow the more memory the less swapping the
better.