[wplug] Samba share question XPP, Win98, WinME

redtoade redtoade at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 13 20:31:23 EDT 2003

> Make sure netbios is enabled in XP (I think it is by
> default).

I think that if the netbios wasn't enabled, you would
not be able to browse any of the other Win9X machines
from WinXP either.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B315267

---------

On a complete tangent, did you know that WinXP doesn't
support NetBeui?  You can download it if you need to,
but it's not recomended.  I found this out the hard
way trying to get a network printer to communicate
with two WinXP boxes a few weeks ago.

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q306/0/59.asp