[wplug] Samba share question XPP, Win98, WinME

Randy Kosarik randykos at comcast.net
Sun Apr 13 02:39:52 EDT 2003

What is the trick to having a Samba share being visible to Win98, WinME, and XPP machines?

I have no issues with XPP, but seem to be stumbling with 98/ME.

I have been trying to search the web but want to make sure before I make the trip to test. Asking here to make sure I have any bit of information/tips available before I start.

Should I disable the 'encrypt passwords' option in smb.conf?
Will this allow the XPP machines to connect?

Should the 'security' setting be share, or user?

Should the VNETSUP key be added/set for the Win98 and WinME machines?