[wplug] Was: Tried several distro's. Now: Debian HELP

R.E.Coutch vze57qmg at verizon.net
Fri Apr 11 19:57:50 EDT 2003

 From what I can tell,
I downloaded the stable CD's.
I'm browsing through them to see what was included since there are 7 of
them plus an update.

I do have a Knoppix CD and I like it a lot.  Great for Linux on the go
and freaking out Windows users when you reboot
their PC's with it when they go out for lunch and return with Linux
running  :-) .

I found a few international sites with unstable software.

I NEED leading edge features like 3D accel and current drivers in X as
well as USB support, ALSA sound drivers, etc.
Could it just be that Debian isn't right for me?

How many Debians users (would you estimate) run stable versus
unstable/testing?

I can appreciate the need for a stable Linux but they need to scrap KDE
2.1 because the taskbar crashes in Debian
just like it does on every other version of Linux that uses it (KDE
2.1). Hmmmmmmm.

That said, I brought the machine home for the weekend so I'll give the
unstable a try via my DSL connection.

I'm also testing RH9 on my ThinkPad T23 this weekend to see if I can get
the only missing feature from RH8 (3D accel. for the Super Savage IX
chipset)
working on it.

Thanks for your input,

Bob