[wplug] Blue & White G3 + Linux

Mike Griffin mike at dmrnetworks.com
Fri Apr 11 09:54:40 EDT 2003

Hey guys,

OS X - Jaguar seems to be giving me some serious issues on this machine.
300Mhz 384M RAM, I crash atleast once a week, sometimes once a day.

Was wondering if anyone ran linux on something similiar to this
machine. If so, what distro did/do you use?  I'm most interested in
putting debian on here, if you've done this could you drop me a line
back and let me know anything that i should 'look out' for.

I have a firewire  CDRW ( Que!Fire 24x10x40 ), any success with a
firewire drive?

The apps i need to run are:
multiple terminal windows -  easy enough
A mail client  -  I use kmail at home, any other good suggestions?
A web browser - This one is tricky because i have to interface with our
online database,
                                and the only browser i've been able to
do this with is Netscape 7
                                on linux

I thought about just getting a PC, but i'll still run into problems
with the firewire Drive.

Thanks,

Mike