[wplug] How do I install Qtopia on Mandrake 9.1?

Brian Sammon brians+ at cs.cmu.edu
Fri Apr 11 09:21:32 EDT 2003

> I just purchased a Zaurus and want to use it with my PC (currently running
> Mandrake 9.1). I found an rpm from Trolltech
> (qtopia-desktop-1.6.0-1.i386.rpm) to install the Qtopia-desktop. I get the
> following error message when I try to install it:
>
> "error: failed dependencies:
>         libstdc++-libc6.1-2.so.3 is needed by qtopia-desktop-1.6.0-1"
>
> I checked to see what I had installed in /usr/lib/ and found that I am using
> the newer libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3, so an rpm is not going to install the
> appropriate library. Does anyone have a suggestion as to what I should do?

Mandrake 9.1 should provide a libstdc-glibc21 package or something like
that that provides libstdc++-libc6.1whatever which is designed to coexist
with the package that provides libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3.
Poking around rpmfind.net should tell you if they did or not (Go to
mandrake 9.1 and look under /usr/lib in the directory tree).