[wplug] Low system requirements distro

Vanco, Donald VANCOD at PIOS.com
Fri Apr 11 08:35:10 EDT 2003

Matthew Danish wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 10, 2003 at 07:25:41PM -0400, R.E.Coutch wrote:
>> Red Hat and SuSE do.
>> Just do a minimum install (around 400 Mb - I think) and add on any
>> packages you need.
>
> "minimum install"?  400MB?
	When the current smallest IDE drive you can purchase is 15 or 20 GB
- yeah, it's no big deal.  Amazingly, there are many Linux users who don't
want to screw with a system for 2 days after a 75MB install to get it to a
reasonably functional state (GUI, ability to compile, work on an "office"
doc, print) - they actually want to do things on it right away.
	The current (Gnome, KDE), XFree, OpenOffice, CUPS, and kernel source
total _well_ over 250MB - I don't why 400MB is such a "bloated number".

Don