[wplug] Tried several distro's

mike at dmrnetworks.com mike at dmrnetworks.com
Thu Apr 10 23:14:37 EDT 2003

That's because you have a "stable" install.
The next thing you need to do, sucks but is a blessing in the same sense, is
to upgrade the system.  look in /etc/apt/sources.list

If you want up-to-date configure sources for testing and unstable as well as
stable.  IF you really want bleeding edge packages, configure sources for
experimental.

apt-get install -f && apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade

should get you going.

something that i'd like to suggest to new users to debian.  Download knoppix.
The 700M Live CD contains most packages that you would want from the get-go.
Knoppix is also based on debain unstable and has the new kde and 2.4.20-xfs
kernel.  It runs from the CD so you can check it out and see if you like it.
The install is easy...  # knx-hdinstall   will get ya going.

Mike