[wplug] How do I install Qtopia on Mandrake 9.1?

Vanco, Donald VANCOD at PIOS.com
Thu Apr 10 15:22:53 EDT 2003

Sean Parsons wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just purchased a Zaurus and want to use it with my PC (currently
> running Mandrake 9.1). I found an rpm from Trolltech
> (qtopia-desktop-1.6.0-1.i386.rpm) to install the
> Qtopia-desktop. I get the
> following error message when I try to install it:
>
> "error: failed dependencies:
>         libstdc++-libc6.1-2.so.3 is needed by qtopia-desktop-1.6.0-1"
>
> I checked to see what I had installed in /usr/lib/ and found that I
> am using the newer libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3, so an rpm is not going
> to install the appropriate library. Does anyone have a suggestion as

You could try forcing the installation of the Qtopia package and see if it
works.  Unsure, but I would hope that newer libc6 builds would maintain
compatibility with older ones.

rpm -ivh <packagename> --nodeps

Don