Pittsburghese n'nat (was RE: [wplug] Low system requirements dis tro)

Vanco, Donald VANCOD at PIOS.com
Thu Apr 10 15:14:03 EDT 2003

Bob Schmertz wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Apr 2003, Scott Bourns wrote:
>
>> I think I've got it, but I'll yell if this is the wrong type.
>>
>> Thanks, so much, y'all.
>
> Shouldn't it be yins/yoonz?  This is the Western PA LUG list, dammit!
> I need to be able to distinguish it from my DC-area ones without
> having to look at the header all the time.
	Ah - reminds me of my first evening in Pittsburgh.  I went to the
local Eat-n-Park, where the hostess greeted us with a hearty
"Seetyinzselves" - I had to ask a (native) co-worker who explained that
we've just been invited to sit anywhere. The next 7 years were quite fun -
I'm now fluent in both SouthSide-ese and Zelienople-ish.
	The first time I ordered a pizza in my hometown of Coraopolis
(Angelias!) I was asked what my name was.  I said "Don".  I was delighted to
note, upon pick-up, that my pizza box had "D-O-W-N" spelled out on it.  Too
funny.

Don
Maus Maus get outta my Haus!