[wplug] routing question

Michael Procario lists at procario.org
Wed Apr 9 21:47:42 EDT 2003

I have a small lan at home using a wirless router but I do not have a broadband
connection, so I have been dialing up using ppp to reach the internet. When I added
wireless router mandrake 8.2 set the default route to be the router and
kppp refuesed to change it when I did a dial up. I was not trying to
move all traffic on my lan through ppp just the local. I add to modify
ip-up.ppp to delete the default route put in the route out to my ISP.
See below.

#!/bin/bash
#
#
# Fix the routing
#
route del default
route add default gw $IPREMOTE
#
# Feth everyone's mail
#
/usr/bin/fetchmail --fetchmailrc /etc/fetchmailrc

I am now trying a new configuration. I have attached my external modem
to the the wireless router (D-Link DI-713P - it has a serial port). I
want all of my traffic to go out over the router now.

Now my question. I seem to have lost my default route out over the
router. After I boot and before I run pppd I find these routes.

Kernel IP routing table
Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use
Iface
192.168.0.0     *               255.255.255.0   U     0      0        0
eth0
127.0.0.0       *               255.0.0.0       U     0      0        0
lo

The default route is missing. Anyone know where in the network scripts
the default route is set. The router is a DHCP server and I use to set
my IP addresses, DNS and I think it sets the route too.

A simple

route add default gw 192.168.0.1

fixes everything. I just need to know where in the script to put it.

Mike