[wplug] Low system requirements distro

Matthew Danish mdanish at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Apr 9 21:19:38 EDT 2003

On Wed, Apr 09, 2003 at 09:10:39PM -0400, Scott Bourns wrote:
> I have a Pentium 100, 8MB RAM, 800 MB HD I want to save from the graveyard,
> while impressing my boss by making it useful. ;-p

I've run Debian on a 486 with less, it does fine.  I used to run
Slackware on such systems (back in their day), and I doubt the latest
versions would have any trouble either.  Personally, I think Debian
would be less hassle, but hey =)  If you like hassle, you can try LFS
too.

--
; Matthew Danish <mdanish at andrew.cmu.edu>
; Signed or encrypted mail welcome.