[wplug] Perl slides and new website

James O'Kane jo2y at midnightlinux.com
Wed Apr 9 17:41:55 EDT 2003

I want to thank everyone who came to the perl tutorial. I think everyone
who was there had a good time. I want to make sure that Bethlynn gets
proper recognition for handling all of the food coordination. Bring her
chocolate the next time you see her.

I talked to David and he said he doesn't mind us putting the .pdf files on
the website (see below). I didn't think he would mind, but I also wanted
to wait until after the event. You get access to the slides, but you miss
the experience.

I'm going to use this as an excuse to point out a few of the changes to
the website ( http://www.wplug.org/ ) that we put online a few weeks ago.

Possibly the first think you'll notice is that the meeting dates are
correct. :) They are taken out of a database, so they should always be
accurate.

The other thing to notice is the links on the left for meetings. To find
the slides, click the past meetings link which takes you to
http://www.wplug.org/meetings/
Near the bottom of that will be a link for David's talk:
http://www.wplug.org/meetings/one-meeting?wp_meeting_id=2896

There under resources you'll see links to the pdf files.
They might get moved from their current location, but that resources list
will be updated if they move, so find them that way.

In the future, we'll put any pictures of events, or slides, etc up on the
website in a similar place.

And, as a final note, occationally, you'll get a :8081 or an :8080 port
number in the url. We're working on making those go away. If you cite a
webpage on the site, use a url without that explicit port number.

If you're interested in helping the webteam, join their mailing list: