[wplug] Did you know....

Lee Brinton lee at leebrinton.net
Wed Apr 9 07:03:52 EDT 2003

On Tue, Apr 08, 2003 at 10:12:26PM -0400, R.E.Coutch wrote:
> The Debian is 7 CD's plus an update CD.
>
> Anyone running Debian 3.0 r1 want to give me your comments on this distro?

I run Debian.

With Debian you get:
Debian package management
A man page for every executable
Stability
Well documented and enforced policies.
Just about any Free Software/Open Source precompiled and packaged.

With Debian you do not get:
Commercial Software
Commercial Support
A GUI installer
New releases as often as the commercial interests

Linix for the most part is Linux, from an abstract view, all of the
distros have far more in common than they have differences.

Lee Brinton | lee at leebrinton.net