[wplug] Redhat 9 Depressing as a first impression

Vanco, Donald VANCOD at PIOS.com
Tue Apr 8 11:16:33 EDT 2003

John Strange wrote:
> Running on a dual P3 1g with 1G ram, it's VERY sluggish, disk access
> time for an adaptech 7899 controller is VERY poor.
	It's been discussed that the Adaptec aic7xxx drivers included w/RH9
are not the best, and users should consider using the driver code from
Justin Gibbs web site.  It's been requested that issues with this driver be
forwarded to Justin with a CC of Alan Cox.

	Further, improvements have been seen by replacing the running kernel
with 2.4.21pre5-ac3 (among other things, this strips out the NPTL stuff
which appears to fix a couple issues)  I plan to try this myself as soon as
I get networking up.

YMMV
Don