[wplug] Residential DSL in Pittsburgh

Scott F. Kiesling kiesling+ at pitt.edu
Mon Apr 7 13:19:12 EDT 2003

I don't have DSL, but I do have an observation. It seems that there are
a good number of linux DSL users, and every ISP fails in the support
area. What if we all got together and told the ISPs about this problem,
and told them that the first one who demonstrates Linux tech support
gets to be our provider of choice? Or that we are going to have a
'recommended provider' voted on by the folks who consider themselves
part of this organization, who will of course give great weight to
providers who actually support Linux. Would they ignore the potential
business, given the trajectory of Linux users?
Just a thought-
SFK