[wplug] Residential DSL in Pittsburgh

Dave Neuer mr_fred_smoothie at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 7 12:55:26 EDT 2003

Hate to have only negative advice like so many on the
list, but I have to say: avoid Steel City Telecom like
the plague.

Very frequent outages (usually on weekends and so
regular I have occasionally suspected that they are
actually deliberately down to avoid some kind of
over-bandwidth charge from their upstream provider).

It's been better for a month or two lately, but that
hardly makes up for the consistent problems I've had
over the last 2 years that I've had service w/ them
(now that my 2 year contract is up, I'm shopping
too...).

Dave