[wplug] Using RW to create Boot disk?

Vanco, Donald VANCOD at PIOS.com
Mon Apr 7 10:07:34 EDT 2003

John Harrold wrote:
> Sometime in April Keir Josephson assaulted the keyboard and produced:
>

>> Just out of curiousity, is there anyway to create a recovery boot
>> disk on CD instead of floppy? Especially, given the lack of floppy
>> drives on most new laptops. Are there any install utilities that
>> support this or is it a matter of creating the boot disk after you
>> get the system up and running?
>
> these folks make an iso that fit on those business card cdr's.
> http://www.lnx-bbc.org/

	If something generic is OK than RH 7.3 and 8.0 both came with "Sys
Admin CDs" that also fit on a CC size CD-R.  See the RH mirror of your
choice.  The RH9 release also has a Sys Admin CD, but it now only fits on a
3" CD-R, not the CC size.  For that matter, you can always just boot CD
1......  But I think the point was to build a "system specific" image......

Don