[wplug] scp, ssh, ftp login only root

Lance Tost ltost at pobox.com
Fri Apr 4 14:11:04 EST 2003

On Fri, 4 Apr 2003, Scott Kiesling wrote:
> Well, there's only the one user account on this here laptop, and I did
> it a while ago, but I think I used 'useradd'. Maybe knowing the best way
> would be educational...
> SFK

useradd is an acceptable way to add users.  You must have fat-fingered the
/etc/passwd file somewhere along the line which caused the user's shell to
be deleted from the passwd file entry... If you're not familiar with vi,
it can be pretty easy to do something like that without even noticing.

--
Lance Tost <ltost at pobox.com>