[wplug] USB OS

Arnaud Arnaud at mindspring.com
Fri Apr 4 12:12:24 EST 2003

Has anyone heard anything or seen anything about running a full OS from
a portable USB Flash drive? I'm not sure that this is possible
considering the filesystem structure (not sure what file system is
running on a flash drive) but it seems that if I can boot from an
external USB floppy perhaps the same is possible of a flash drive. This
is just a thought I had after playing around with Knoppix a bit. Maybe
it would just be easier to run knoppix and save any files to a flash
drive from there? Any thoughts?

Arnaud-