[wplug] scp, ssh, ftp login only root

Scott Kiesling kiesling+ at pitt.edu
Fri Apr 4 10:16:29 EST 2003

Couldn't ssh to localhost -- I got the same problem.

Apparently in Gentoo the logs work differently, so the sshd log is in
/var/log/sshd/<date-time>. Maybe this is a metalog thing. Anyway, here
was the output for the log dated toaday. I couldn't se where the log was
for the session I talked about, though:

Mar 31 14:51:28 [sshd] Server listening on 0.0.0.0 port 22.
Mar 31 14:52:14 [sshd] Failed password for kiesling from 136.142.185.31
port 47507 ssh2
Mar 31 14:52:36 [sshd] Received signal 15; terminating.

Gentoo has a good forum, I'm gonna ask there, too.

SFK