[wplug] tape backup error

Duncan Hutty duncan at hutty.com
Thu Apr 3 14:47:14 EST 2003

6 tape library for $65?! nice. does it work?

when I do any of:

mt -f /dev/st0 [rewind|retensions|status]

I get the same error.

you said "merely seeing an error when the drive hits the header". It
sounds like you're saying that doesn't matter. I don't like unknown
errors, they make me nervous. Especially when it comes to my company's
backups. I googled a bit for tape header info and it seems that they're
about how many times the tape has been mounted. Could you confirm?
Does this imply that the error is a rather abstruse way of telling me to
buy a new tape?

Thanks again.

--
Duncan Hutty