[wplug] Dual boot question

Doug Dominick ddominick at atrus.net
Thu Apr 3 11:47:20 EST 2003

Thanks to everyone who replied to my original post.  Everything worked
fine on my test system with RH9.0.

Now, I am trying to install RH9.0 on my workstation and am not getting
very far.  Shortly after booting from the first CD I get the following
text.

Probing for mouse type: Generic 3 Button Mouse (USB)
Attempting for X server to start ... Log located in /tmp/x.log
1...2...3...4...5.... X server started successfully
XIO: fatal IO error 104 (connection reset by peer) on X server ":1.0"
     after 0 requests (0 known processed) with 0 events remaining
Install exited abnormally
Sending termination signals ... Done

Any ideas on what would be causing this?  I'll include my system info
below in case it may be helpful.

Thanks,
Doug

System
Dell 530 Workstation
Intel 860 chipset
Dual Xeon 2.2 GHz
2GB RDRAM
73GB SCSI
Adaptec AIC-7892 Ultra 160m LVD SCSI controller
Fire GL2 graphics