[wplug] dead network

billings at negate.org billings at negate.org
Thu Apr 3 10:17:54 EST 2003

Excuse me for asking dumb questions, but...

What kind of network are you connecting to?  Is it a cable modem?  DSL?
Internal network?

When you ping the network card, are you sure you aren't just sending
pings over the loopback?  check /etc/hosts.

Are you sure that you aren't required to use something like PPP over
Ethernet?

If you have the IP address configured, try pinging the gateway.  Does
that work?

On Thu, 2003-04-03 at 08:32, John M. Rocker wrote:
> I just installed Mandrake 9.0 on a newer windows machine...  Death to
> windows!  I am having a problem connecting to the internet.  I can ping the
> network card but nothing outside of it.  I am using static ip addressing and
> I have the netork configured properly.  Does any one have any suggestions?
Jonathan S Billings <billings at negate.org>
TSFNKP