[wplug] tape backup error

Duncan Hutty duncanhutty at attbi.com
Wed Apr 2 18:26:33 EST 2003

On my newly linuxified server, I am running a nightly backup to tape
(only a small amount of data, perfectly feasible to do a complete backup
every night) using a script where the important command is:

tar -cvjf /dev/st0 $files 1> $logfile 2>&1

It appears to be working correctly according to the output of tar -djvf
/dev/st0

However, on the console I notice the following error:
	st0:Error with sense data: Current st09:00:sense key IIlegal Request
	Additional sense indicates Invalid operation code

I can't even parse, let alone understand, this error and hope someone
can suggest what's it about or where I could search for information.

If it matters, it is a Seagate Tape Drive STT8000A which uses the
ide-scsi module.

Thanks.

--
Duncan Hutty