[wplug] Dual boot question

Coutch, Robert Robert.Coutch at tvratings.com
Wed Apr 2 16:34:20 EST 2003

The RH8 I have only supported smp on i686 (or compatable) systems.

I installed it on a dual Pentium (133 MHz dual processor) IBM system but got
the i386 kernel.

I havent built a linux kernel yet so I wasn't sure if I could do it.
Go to read more howto's first.

I did get freeBSD to compile for dual i586's but the dang thing is so slow
I'm getting tired of fooling around with it.

I remember when it was state of the art with its dual 133 MHz pentiums, it's
128Mb of FP RAM, the 3 1Gb SCSI drives and its DDS2 tape drive.

Ahh the good old days.

Now I'm going to the basement to turn on my CP/80 desktop machine that STILL
WORKS too.

-Bob