[wplug] Dual boot question

Doug Dominick ddominick at atrus.net
Wed Apr 2 15:55:16 EST 2003

Group,

    I would like to setup my workstation to dual boot RH Linux and W2000
Pro.  I am currently only running W2000 Pro.  I have a 73 GB drive with
3 partitions.  The first one is 8GB for the W2000 Pro OS, the second is
2GB for swap and the last partition uses the rest of the space for data.
I have plenty of room for Linux on the third partition.  I will resize
that partition to leave 10GB of unallocated space.  My question here is;
does Linux have to be loaded within a certain range of the beginning of
the hard drive, or will it load properly if I follow the steps I listed
above?  My second question is; do I have to do anything special to take
advantage of dual processors?  I appreciate any help you can offer.

Thanks,
Doug Dominick