[wplug] Zaurus SL-5500 clearance

Coutch, Robert Robert.Coutch at tvratings.com
Wed Apr 2 15:34:49 EST 2003

Jim,

I heard you still use a steam powered PDA. Any truth to this?

On the serious side,
I considered waiting for the 5600 but I don't need a microphone.
I carry headphones for mp3's, and I put a 256Mb SD RAM card in it.
I even created a 32 Meg swap file on the card so I don't run low on memory
when I'm browsing the web (wirelessly). And I saved around $200 compared to
the 5600.

It plays DOOM (prboom) real well for not having a mouse !!

I sometimes use it to start mpg123 on my desktop machine via wireless ssh.
It's like a remote control for my desktop machine.

But mostly, I use it for the PDA functions (calendar, calculator, etc).

-Bob