[wplug] directory of regional Linux consultants?

John Harrold jmh17 at pitt.edu
Wed Apr 2 13:24:26 EST 2003

Sometime in April Eric C. Cooper assaulted the keyboard and produced:

| I am on a committee advising a local independent K-12 school on their
| technology roadmap.  Some consultants have already recommended that
| they spend many tens of thousands of dollars on Microsoft licenses for
| their servers, and are pushing Windows 2K, Exchange, Active Directory,
| etc.  The open source alternative has so far been dismissed because
| they think it's easy to find Microsoft consultants to help them, but
| difficult to get Linux help.
|
| Naturally, I'd like to fight this perception as convincingly as
| possible.  If you have pointers to a list of Linux-savvy consultants
| in the area, or simply know or represent one such organization, please
| email me any info you have.  If you know of any case studies in the
| area, that would be great too.  I'd really like to address the whole
| cost of ownership of using Linux vs. MS servers in this kind of
| environment.
|
| I'll be happy to share the compiled data with the group (maybe it
| would make a useful addition to WPLUG's web site).  Thanks for any
| help you can give me in fighting the good fight.

hey eric.

you should probably contact redhat and ask them. i realize you're not
looking for redhat specific people, but they will probably direct you to
people who specialize in many linux variants.

john harrold               | "They that can give up essential
     jmh at member.fsf.org |  liberty to obtain a little
/"\                        |  temporary safety deserve neither
\ / ASCII ribbon campaign  |  liberty nor safety."
 X  against HTML mail      |
/ \                        |  Benjamin Franklin
gpg --keyserver keys.indymedia.org --recv-key F65A739E
Jim Bakker spells his name with two k's because three
would be too obvious.
--Bill Maher