[wplug] ATI video Card

Vanco, Donald VANCOD at PIOS.com
Wed Apr 2 09:11:21 EST 2003

Chris wrote:
> I am planning on buying an ATI Radeon 7000 card for one of my
> machines.  Has anyone had any experience with this card?  Should I
> expect any problems?  The box will be running either RH 9 or Slack 9,
> maybe both.

	ATI is probably the best supported video card manufacturer under
Linux.  You'll find that current versions of XFree have full 2D and 3D
support for all of the 7xxx and 8xxx families of cards.  Some of the newer
ones will be 2D only for a time.  The downside is that the slick tools for
many cards (like my Radeon 8500DV) are still Windoze Only.

http://www.ati.com/support/faq/linux.html

Don