[wplug] RedHat 9: Two days

Lance Tost ltost at pobox.com
Tue Apr 1 11:53:14 EST 2003

On Mon, 31 Mar 2003, TC Linux wrote:
> 2. gnome seems to have an issue with displaying fonts in yahoo IM  but
> it runs just fine in kde (likely not related to RH)

This happened to me in RH8.. I forget what the fix was... maybe grab the
latest Yahoo IM client... OR, you could just use gaim which is what I do.
It talks to Yahoo IM, AIM, ms messenger, irc, etc... and no font problems.

Actually... thinking back... and looking at my /usr/bin/ymessenger... I
commented out LD_LIBRARY_PATH=... so maybe that was the fix.  Try that.

--
Lance Tost <ltost at pobox.com>