[wplug] [wplug-announce]GUM on October 5th, 2002

Zach Paine zman at wplug.org
Sun Sep 29 08:40:12 EDT 2002

This upcoming Saturday, October 5th, 2002, the Western Pennsylvania Linux
Users Group will be hosting a General User Meeting in Carnegie Mellon
University's Newel-Simon Hall, room 1507.  This meeting's presentation will
be Deeann Mikula and Chris Tracy's now infamous Spam! talk.  No, we're not
talking about the highly processed, yet delectable food product, but that
persistent junk mail we are all forced to deal with on a daily basis.  Now,
we'll learn the "Unix way" to prevent "Buy Printer Toner - 15% Off!" and
"Contribute to jo2y fund: It is (not) tax deductible!!" from showing up in
your inbox.

The meeting will run from 10am until 2pm.  We would like to get the
presentation started by 10:30 in order to allow time for questions as well as
general geek socialization afterwards.

There are directions and maps on http://www.wplug.org.

See you all there!!

	-Zach

PS. Happy Birthday WPLUG!!!  May your future be bright and may you always know
where the network printer is... yes.. 127.0.0.2.