[wplug] XFree86 and Diamond Fire GL1

Bill bhalpin at collaborativefusion.com
Thu Sep 26 16:00:59 EDT 2002

Hello

I was wondering if anyone has gotten a Diamond Fire GL1 card to work on
a linux box?  I just built an rh7.1 installation and cannot for the life
of me get X to run.  Started out with XFree86 3.3.6-38, then I patched
that to 3.3.6-45, then I upgraded to 4.2.0.

I'm using the 3dlabs version of the server, which I'm pretty sure is
correct.  When I attempt to startx I get a "Screens not found" error.

Anyone have any idea of what might be wrong.  I'm thinking its the
driver, although the newest version of XFree86 is allegedly backward
compliant, I cant find an entry in the Cards database for the card.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

-bill