[wplug] Oracle 8.1.7 on RH7.3?

Keir Josephson kjoseph at stargate.net
Sun Sep 22 16:24:28 EDT 2002

Well, I will admit that the folks at Red Hat have told me that they are
only pushing Advanced Server for any new certifications with big vendors
like Oracle. However, the rep was trying to sell me advanced over 7.1. I
successfully tested 8.1.7 on Red Hat 7.1 with the conditions I mentioned
in my last post, a minimal install of enterprise edition, and a library
patch for the oracle executables (after they're installed) that is
available on the OTN (otn.oracle.com) next to the free linux download of
8.1.7.

-Keir