[wplug] StarOffice

Edward C. Smith edward.smith at forum.com
Thu Sep 19 06:41:36 EDT 2002

I use OpenOffice (basically staroffce made free) on Linux in my company which is totally microsoft based. We do a lot of document sharing. Overall I'll detail the problems I had:

1) Spread sheets lose the printable region on import need to just redefine it.
2) StarWriter loses table cell background styles
3) Importing poorly made tables documents is bad

That's about the only major issues I've come up with. Anything I make and distribute works great as long I use proper fonts. The biggest issue to me is the poor import of word tables. If you are worried about other people opening your exported documents don't the exporting is great.

I think you'll be very happy with OO 1.0.

-Ed

On Wed, 18 Sep 2002 17:31:45 -0400
Mark Allen Adams Jr <adamsma at washjeff.edu> wrote:

Edward C. Smith