[wplug] Configuration problem - newbie

Randy Spark rasparkus at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 18 20:01:43 EDT 2002

Hi all,

I have a dual pentium (Tyan Tomcat IID) mother board
that doesn't have the connector for the PS/2 mouse.  I
haven't been able to get either of the 2 on board (25)
pin serial ports to recognize a mouse and can't get an
add-on PCI serial card to recognize a mouse either
(with the 2 on board COMs disabled in BIOS).  I've
been through the serial howto and a lot of other
reference material, but I'm still having problems.
This is a system that I got cheap off of Ebay that
already had RH 7.2 installed, the guy just neglected
to tell me that it had on old style keyboard
connection and no mouse provisions.

Now for my questions:

Does anyone know where I can get the connector for the
mother board?

OR

Can anyone help me with this?  I can't get to an
installfest with my work scheduling and the puter
isn't hooked up to any network or the Net.  Oh, it
also doesn't have a 3.5' floppy for me to copy and
transfer suggestions or post the output of logs and
such.
I'm willing to trade bandwidth (Burned distros, I'll
download at work) for on site help.   <g>

Tell you how desperate I am, I'm thinking of
installing NT on it to see if I can get the correct
addresses for the serial card and then re-install RH.

Thanks,

Randy